“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6 HCSB
When dealing with disappointments, it is important to be mindful of how we react to them. Because disappointments can lead to sorrow, depression, or anger. It is imperative as Christians, we react to disappointments in a godly way. I will admit, it is easier said than done, but in faith, you can overcome disappointment.
So, how can you overcome disappointments?
- Call on Jesus to help you. For you can do anything through Christ Jesus who strengthens you. Philippians 4:13
- Do not rely on your own understanding about the disappointment. You can make yourself sick trying to understand why the disappointment happened.
- Trust that God knows best and His plans are better for you. Jeremiah 29:11
- Weep if you have to. It’s okay to be hurt about the disappointment. There’s nothing wrong with showing vulnerability. God wants us to cast our cares unto Him. 1 Peter 5:7
- Process your thoughts with someone. Talking to a friend or loved one about the disappointment does help. You won’t have to internalize your feelings and you feel hopeful after talking it out.
My sister, my brother, I want to encourage you to be mindful of how you handle disappointments. It is not an easy task to do, but with God, anything is possible.
“Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live; And do not let me be ashamed of my hope.” Psalms 119:116 NKJV
If you would like to get daily devotionals sent to your email, sign up below. Let’s take a closer walk with Jesus and tackle these issues of life with the Word of God.
Issues of Life, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to serve individuals and families in our community. We desire all people to be well mentally, physically, and spiritually. To accomplish our mission, we depend on the help and generosity of individuals and businesses within the community. Donations go toward the support groups, psychoeducational classes, counseling sessions, and related support that we provide to those in need. Donations in any amount are most appreciated and make a huge difference! Thank you in advance for your donation!
EVERY DONATION IS TAX DEDUCTIBLE.